none
COMException with speech, using the shape game example RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the shapeGame speechRecognizer class as a template for the application I am working on but i keep getting the the COMException on MicrosoftSpeech.dll. Is this because of a threading issue in WPF? I don't see where in the shape game they use a new thread for speech like they did in the old version. I have 11.0 of speech installed.  I could not find a useful answer in the forums for this.

Thanks 

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you provide more detail on your system and whether you have had any previous versions(Kinect or Speech SDKs) installed? Which version of the inect SDK do you have installed and which sensor are you using?
    Friday, March 9, 2012 2:27 AM
  • I recently switched to the new Kinect for windows sensor and am using version 1.0 of the SDK. I used the beta 2 before with an XBOX Kinect. I went in and uninstalled all other versions of the Microsoft speech SDK and currently only have v11.0 on the my windows 7 computer. I'm not certain if the beta SDK is still installed but the reference is pointing to Microsoft.Kinect and not the research.

Dejan Ristic

Friday, March 9, 2012 2:40 AM
  • There are other threads that discuss the new namespace, but if you are trying migrate, have a look at this blog

http://robrelyea.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/k4w-code-migration-from-beta2-to-v1-0-managed/

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:41 AM