none
Free Version in game upgrade to Paid - Link to paid version for redownloads?

Question

• OK so not so clear in the title - hard to be succinct.

So scenario is: Have a separate free and paid version of a game in the store. I am considering changing the free version to have an upgrade version to unlock all the paid functionality/content. This is easy enough. However, this would still be the Free Version with an in-game purchase. If the user lost the phone of whatever and needed to down load it again - they would likely go to the Paid Version in the store to do so - but the store would not allow download as they have not purchased it (only an in game purchase of the free version).

So, is there a standard way to handle this? Is there a way of marking that purchase as licensing the full version? Not a real biggie I guess, but will confuse the users that do need to re-download, as they would have to download the free version and (I guess) the in-game purchase would come with it from the store (giving the same result as downloading the free version).

Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:13 PM

All replies

• Not sure if there is a good solution to this. If you have high scores stored for the game maybe you can check if they have a score from before the app pricing changed and treat them like they made the purchase 
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 3:01 PM