none
RPC error when trying to logon to domain from Guest server with two NIC on Host RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have IBM server with two physical NIC. Both NIC have static IP addresses.I have installed Windows 2008 64 bit server and enabled Hyper V role. I have created Virtual network with each physical NIC. After that virtual server as Windows 2003 32 bit OS and obviously it has two virtual NIC. I setup static IP for both Virtual NIC within Guest 2003 server with one NIC having IP address and DNS for internal network and other NIC with IP address and DNS for external network since I want to install ISA on this server later on. I made this guest OS member of domain (DC being 2008 running on another virtual server), Once rebooted virtual 2003 server when I try to logon to domain I get "RPC server not available" error.  I can log on localy without any problem. If I remove virtual NIC pertaining extermal IP I can log on to domain without any issue. I will appreiciate if any one can suggest how to fix it.
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:11 AM

All replies

• Did you ever find a resolution for this?  Running into a similar issue in one of my environments...
    Friday, February 13, 2009 5:59 PM