none
Install Windows Identity foundation on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to activate Windows Identity Foundation feature on windows 7. It is installed on my Windows 7 computer ( KB974405 ) but I don't see it in " Windows features " so I can't activate it.

I need this feature for my SharePoint development, if it is not activated, add-ins template are broken. ( It miss Context class )

Thank you.

Monday, April 10, 2017 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

Welcome to MSDN forum.

You need to download Windows Identity Foundation SDK and install it on win 7. In windows 8 or later version, you could Choose Windows Identity Framework 3.5 in turn Windows Features On or Off .

To check if Windows Identity foundation is installed, opening registry key, you will find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsIdentityFoundation\setup\v3.5\

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:21 AM