none
Exchange Server doesn't support the requested version RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi ,

    I'm using API 2.0  I've been using the below code for exchange 2010 SP2 with success so far . Also the below code was working for Office 365. 

    But now in my ExchangeService (for office 365 , exchange server 2013 ) If I put as ExchangeVersion = Exchange2013 (enumaration =4) the below lines of code don't work.

    Dim CFolder As New Folder(MyExchangeService)
                CFolder = Folder.Bind(MyExchangeService, WellKnownFolderName.Contacts)

    I thought that everything will be working without problems

    Can anyone assist on this ?

    Appreciate any help you could give me.

    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:27 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    I think that the problem is from the machine that was trying to connect to office 365. They had informed us that they had updated the exchange version which was wrong of course.

    The exchange server is 2010 as you can see from below and I am able to connect and work OK without any problems. 


    Appreciate your time you have spent.

    <Trace Tag="EwsResponse" Tid="1" Time="2011-08-11 10:43:36Z" Version="14.02.0051.000">
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
        <s:Header>
          <h:ServerVersionInfo MajorVersion="14" MinorVersion="0" MajorBuildNumber="722" MinorBuildNumber="0" Version="Exchange2010" xmlns:h="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" />
        </s:Header>
        <s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
          <m:GetItemResponse xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages" xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types">
            <m:ResponseMessages>
              <m:GetItemResponseMessage ResponseClass="Success">
                <m:ResponseCode>NoError</m:ResponseCode>
                <m:Items>

    • Marked as answer by zakkar Friday, June 14, 2013 8:23 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 8:22 AM

All replies

  • zakkar,

    What error message did you get? Can you provide a trace of the XML?

    With regards,


    Michael | Microsoft Exchange Developer Content

    The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:01 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi ,

    Exchange Server doesn't support the requested version.

    The API connects to Office 365 and they told us that they have upgraded to Exchange 2013.

    If I put as an exchange version Exchange 2010 SP2 it works . If I put Exchange2013 it doesn't

    Is it possible that they are mistaken? Because it makes no sense.

    Which one of the below files do you want ?

    Friday, June 14, 2013 6:25 AM
  • Hell zakkar,

    EwsResponse_exc.txt. I'm interested to see the server version/build in the SOAP header. By the way, has your application used Autodiscover since the service the was upgraded? 

    With regards,


    Michael | Microsoft Exchange Developer Content

    The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Friday, June 14, 2013 6:30 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    I think that the problem is from the machine that was trying to connect to office 365. They had informed us that they had updated the exchange version which was wrong of course.

    The exchange server is 2010 as you can see from below and I am able to connect and work OK without any problems. 


    Appreciate your time you have spent.

    <Trace Tag="EwsResponse" Tid="1" Time="2011-08-11 10:43:36Z" Version="14.02.0051.000">
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
        <s:Header>
          <h:ServerVersionInfo MajorVersion="14" MinorVersion="0" MajorBuildNumber="722" MinorBuildNumber="0" Version="Exchange2010" xmlns:h="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" />
        </s:Header>
        <s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
          <m:GetItemResponse xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages" xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types">
            <m:ResponseMessages>
              <m:GetItemResponseMessage ResponseClass="Success">
                <m:ResponseCode>NoError</m:ResponseCode>
                <m:Items>

    • Marked as answer by zakkar Friday, June 14, 2013 8:23 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 8:22 AM