none
Pin program to taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to know how can I pin my program to taskbar? is it a shortcut to copy to a specific folder or registry entry?

Thanks,

Jassim

Friday, December 18, 2015 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Jassim,

>>I want to know how can I pin my program to taskbar?

Do you mean like following?

Here is the programmatic pinning of icons in Windows 7  Pin *.lnk file to Windows 7 Taskbar using C#

>>is it a shortcut to copy to a specific folder or registry entry?

For an application to show up on the Taskbar, it must have a corresponding shortcut and appear in a specific registry value. The shortcut must exist under the current user’s roaming appdata (%APPDATA%). The exact location is at: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

The registry key is the tricky part of this equation as the program values are stored in the Taskband Current User registry key. This key can be found at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband. And it looks like:

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 21, 2015 3:02 AM