none
SharePoint Reminders using Information Management Policies and SPD Workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, I have this requirement:

I need to send periodic email alerts based on a due date field of documents in a document library on a SharePoint Online environment.

Reminder 1: 3 weeks before the due date; Reminder 2: 1 week before the due date; Reminder 3: On the due date.

I have setup:

a. 2 site columns that will be populated  by a SharePoint Designer workflow with the dates for the first two reminders.

b. Setup 3 Retention Stages in the Information Management Policy settings of the library. First 2 stages use the two columns I have setup to hold the reminder dates and kicks off an SPD WF to send the emails. The 3rd stage, directly uses the due, and similarly uses an SPD WF for the email.

Questions -

1. Is this setup okay? Would the retention stages work in the order I have setup, unless there is a change made by the user to the due date?

2. I learnt that the IR policy timer job runs weekly :(. So there would be a delay in emails. Any suggestions please?

3. Any other better idea please?

Many thanks in advance!

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:53 AM

All replies