How to declare file type associations in package.appxmanifest file to support all types of files?

General discussion

• Hi,

I want to  declare file type associations in package.appxmanifest file to support all types of files. I tried with ".*", but this dint work.

How can i achieve this?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 5:00 AM

All replies

• Hi VDNS,

The ".*" is not supported for file type associations.

With a file type association you declare a file-type that can be handled by your application. So your application gets associated with that file type. That means when the user clicks on such a file, your application is suggested - beside other applications that also can handle that file type. From that point of view I guess it wouldn't make sense to suggest your application everywhere in the whole system.

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can't make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

My latest Pluralsight-course: Windows Store Apps - Data Binding in Depth

twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com
    author of: ultimate Windows Store Apps handbook | ultimate WPF handbook | ultimate Silverlight handbook

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 7:12 AM
  • I want to access KnownFolders.Documents Library from the app. So I have manually added the capability in my package.appxmanifest file. Now this requires me to specify the file types which can be accessed. 

So I want to  declare file type associations in package.appxmanifest file to support all types of files.  How can i do this?

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 8:15 AM