none
install program RRS feed

• Question

• Does Visual studio 2017 have an installer that not only installs program but installs

.net framework.

thanks

jordan

• Moved by Fei Hu Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:10 AM Moved From C#
    Monday, March 26, 2018 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Jordanhal,

According to your question is more related to IDE tools, I will move the thread to Visual studio forum for better support.

If you have some grammar or code errors in suing C#, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:53 AM
  • Hi Jordan,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

.net framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 are included in visual studio 2017, open visual studio installer and you can select them to install.

When you create a new project in visual studio 2017, you can get the following screenshot:

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:18 AM
  • I have a windows form program that i want

to install on their computers but not off them have 4.5 net

I cannot find in advanced install where that function is.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the update.

If you want to install .net framework with your application, you can have a look at .NET Framework deployment guide for developers.

Besides, you can also have a look at the case:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6090913/make-an-installation-program-for-c-sharp-applications-and-include-net-framework

Best regards,

Joyce

Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:55 AM