none
Setting up a party to send and EDI file out of BizTalk 2006 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
         Could any one help me in setting up the party to send and EDI document out of biztalk.
    I have tried to configure the party as below
    Organization as HI (my company)
    Organization Name Qualifier as ZZ (mutually defined)
    Value as STV (the Trading Partner).

After this set up i have configured the ISA and GS segments in the EDI properties but could not get an EDI file out. When ia m trying to process the data all the instances are in Active state and also i am not gettting any errors. 

Please advise. 

THanks in advance for any inputs,
    Shashi

Monday, April 27, 2009 10:12 PM

Answers

• Jim i have solved that issue and ia m gald it is working right now. Iwill close this thread.

Thanks every body on your help on this issue.

Shashi
    • Marked as answer by 278EDI Friday, May 1, 2009 7:09 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2009 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,
        I am assuming that you are using Biztalk server 2006 R2 or BTS2009. Then check for the following things:

For sending an edi file first the partner resolution happens:

I think you were using a send port for sending your EDI output. please check this send port should be  associated with your party.

For associating send port with party you can do following things:
    1- right click on the party, select the properties.
    2- Go to send port tab.
    3- Add your send port with it.

hope this will help you.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:10 AM
  • Hi Gyan,
                  Thank you for the information. Yes i am using the BTS 2006 R2 and i am trying to send an EDI file using the file adapter. In the file adapter i have configured the EdiSend pipeline and also configured the send port in the party.

Still i cannot process the EDI file. BTS is not even throughing any errors the instances are just staying in the Active state.
    Could you please let me know if any other configuration needs to be checked for the party set up. I have configured the ISA and GS segments accordingly in the party EDI Properties too.

Thanks a lot for any help in advance.
    Shashi
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:46 PM
  • The EdiSend pipeline works once the message is in BizTalk. Do you have a receive port that takes in the file using EdiReceive?

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:06 AM
  • Hi,
        Please try one more thing. Go to the send port properties in this go to "transport advance option" then in transport options give retry count =0 , retry interval =0 and priority= 1. Then restart the biztalk hostinstance and try to send the file again.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:28 AM
  • The Edi Send pipeline isnot picking up the message and i have SQL recieve port which gets the data from a DB.

Thanks,
    Shashi
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:21 PM
  • Hi,
          I have tried this option but it is still the same. Thanks for letting me know this information.

Shashi
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Hi,
        Can you recheck the Send port filter. May be it is not correct to subscribe the message.

If it does not work then you need to describe your scenario here that what are you doing in more detailed way. Then only I can find the problem.
    And it looks quite Biztalk message runtime issue because messages are in Active state. So please ask this question in Biztalk server general forum too.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:30 AM
  • Hi,
         Yes i have recheked the filter where i have given the receive port name as the parameter. It looks fine.

Scenario Description:

I am trying to generate an 278 EDI file using the data from the database. Generated the SQLService.xsd and configured the receive port which gets the data using the Stored proc and then the BizTalk engine routes the message to send port using the receive port filter property. In betwen i have a map with SQLService.xsd as source schems and the EDI 278 schema as destination schema which i have assigned in the receive port with SQL adapter.

ALong the way created the EDI properties for the party created and configured the settings of ISA, GS and ST segments for the Party Interchange as Receiver.
    Also assigned the send port in the party settings.

Problem:

When i try to run a message thru BTS by enabling the receive location i can see the message came through the receive port where the map is executed fine (as i could see the message body part in group hub of admin console) from there the message is going no where the instance is staying in the active state

Question:

Could any one help out if i am missing any thin in between. It must be a very vague scenario ia mreally sorry for that but it would be very help ful if u can provide any inputs that u know off...

Thanks in advance,
    Shashi
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:45 PM
  • Shashi,

I have seen instances when the output of the map failed validation in the EDI pipeline and the message would remain in the active state.  Usually, but not always, there are errors in the Event viewer to indicate the errors.

Run the data through your map, then validate the output instance against your EDI schema.  Perhaps that will show you something that is wrong but is not showing up in the full engine.

Jim -- Pro Mapping in BizTalk 2009, Apress Books, March 23, 2009
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Thanks Jim that was helpful. SQL adapter is not sending the Data correctly to Send Port.

Could you please let me know how i can send the data to BizTalk using the stored procedure through SQL adapter in a right way.

Shashi
    Friday, May 1, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Shashi,

Glad that helped.  The SQL adapter question is outside my comfort level.  You might want to close this thread and open a new one with the "SQL adapter is not sending the Data correctly to Send Port" to draw some help in that area.

Jim -- Pro Mapping in BizTalk 2009, Apress Books, March 23, 2009
    Friday, May 1, 2009 6:35 PM
  • Jim i have solved that issue and ia m gald it is working right now. Iwill close this thread.

Thanks every body on your help on this issue.

Shashi
    • Marked as answer by 278EDI Friday, May 1, 2009 7:09 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2009 7:08 PM