none
Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource Error BC30521 RRS feed

• Question

• HI Iam trying to convert a VS2008 project to a VS2015 Project and all is well except for an erro I get when I try to use the below code

If cbReportSelect.Text = "Total profit for all time" Then

' fill the information for that report
                Dim TA As New POSDSTableAdapters.TotalProfitForAllTimeTableAdapter
                Dim TmpDS As New POSDS
                TA.Fill(TmpDS.TotalProfitForAllTime)

' clear previous DS
                rvwReport.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear()

' create new DS
                Dim RDS As New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource("POSDS_TotalProfitForAllTime", TmpDS.TotalProfitForAllTime)

' tell the report control to use the DS, and 
                ' use the report template created by us.
                rvwReport.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(RDS)
                rvwReport.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "POS.TotalProfitForAllTime.rdlc"
                rvwReport.RefreshReport()

I am getting an overload resolution failure on the line below. ReportDataSource is passed the name as a string and the datasource but it can't work out which overload of the function to use.

Dim RDS As New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource("POSDS_TotalProfitForAllTime", TmpDS.TotalProfitForAllTime)

any help would appreciated

Monday, June 8, 2015 12:03 AM

All replies

• try this resolution... error: change Dim RDS As New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource("TotalProfitForAllTimeDataSet",TmpDS.TotalProfitForAllTime) into Dim RDS As New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource             RDS.Name = "TotalProfitForAllTimeDataSet"             RDS.Value = TmpDS.TotalProfitForAllTime

from stef turelinckx

Friday, August 21, 2015 3:26 AM