none
do we have to recertify the driver if INF only change present RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have certified our Network drivers, After certification there is a change required in INF file.

do we have to re-certify the driver or there is a procedure we can certify the new driver (with INF change)? kindly let us know.

thank you in advance.

Balakrishna

Thanks, Krishna

Friday, May 17, 2019 2:59 AM

Answers

• I wonder what you mean by "do we have to re-certify the driver"?  If you mean "do we have to rerun all of the HLK tests?", then no, I don't believe you do.  If you mean "do we have to get the new changed driver package re-submitted/re-signed?", then yes, I believe you do.

If/as you say "there is a change required in INF file", then I believe that qualifies as a "DUA" (which I think stands for Driver Update Acceptable" (?)). Basically, you go to your original submission, download a "DUA shell", use HLK studio to open it as a Driver Update package, select "Replace Driver", upload your new/changed driver package (basically the original one, plus your modified INF file), save all that as a .hlkx package, and upload it back to the Dashboard.

I think that's basically covered here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/hlk/user/create-a-driver-only-update-package

Friday, May 24, 2019 6:45 PM

All replies

• I wonder what you mean by "do we have to re-certify the driver"?  If you mean "do we have to rerun all of the HLK tests?", then no, I don't believe you do.  If you mean "do we have to get the new changed driver package re-submitted/re-signed?", then yes, I believe you do.

If/as you say "there is a change required in INF file", then I believe that qualifies as a "DUA" (which I think stands for Driver Update Acceptable" (?)). Basically, you go to your original submission, download a "DUA shell", use HLK studio to open it as a Driver Update package, select "Replace Driver", upload your new/changed driver package (basically the original one, plus your modified INF file), save all that as a .hlkx package, and upload it back to the Dashboard.

I think that's basically covered here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/hlk/user/create-a-driver-only-update-package

Friday, May 24, 2019 6:45 PM
  • Thank you very much Mark Enstone. i meant do we have to rerun all of the HLK tests? i got the answer.

Thanks, Krishna

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Hi Mark Enstone,

I tried opening as DUA package from HLK studio and i get below error. i am trying to open a DUA shell for windows 10.

Failed to open package.

Package (C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Shell_1152921504328021883.hlkx) with a version (3.7.0.0) is not compatible with this instance of PackageManager.  This instance of Package Manager accepts versions 3.2.0.0, 3.1.0.0, and 2.0.0.0

thanks in advance,

Krishna

Thanks, Krishna

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:43 AM