none
Cannot get updated license

Question

• Hi, 

I am using Visual Studio 2015 Professional, as a subscriber of MSDN, and started from yesterday, the VS2015 said the license has gone stale.  

I've clicked the "Check for an updated license", but it didn't give any response. I've also tried to remove the account and sign-in again, repair the VS2015, but all these actions cannot fix the problem.

Please help...

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

Finally I fixed this issue by following steps:

1. Remove the account
    2. Open the command prompt
    3. Go to %programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE
    4. Devenv.exe /ResetSettings
    5. Sign-in with the MSDN subscription account
    Tuesday, November 01, 2016 6:18 AM
  • Hi WilsonY,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I'm so glad to hear that your issue is solved and thank you for your sharing, it will help other community members who have the same or similar issue.

The command: devenv /resetsettings is used to restore your VS setting to the default settings and it looks like some customized settings that caused your issue. If you have any other issue, please feel free to let me know.

BTW, if you think your reply is helpful, please mark it as answer and it will help for other community members to easier search your solution, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 2:52 AM