none
Error when user start workflow in a item list: ProfileDBCacheService.GetUserDataInternal Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i have a farm with some server attached to it, and in one of them i get the following error in log when user is trying to execute a lista workflow: 

ProfileDBCacheService.GetUserDataInternal Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

What i already checked:

-I can see the use registered in User Profile in central administration

-Serve has distributed cache enable (app fabric service is running). I do it using the comand Add-SPDistributedCacheServiceInstance

-I restarted the IIS, app fabric, workflow service and also tried to delete and recreate the user in the User Profile manually

-I executed the following command 

$proxy = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | ?{$_.TypeName -eq 'User Profile Service Application Proxy'}
    Update-SPRepopulateMicroblogFeedCache -ProfileServiceApplicationProxy $proxy -AccountName domain\userName
    but i get the error 
    Update-SPRepopulateMicroblogFeedCache : UserProfileDBCache_WCFLogging ::
    ProfileDBCacheServiceClient.GetUserData threw
    exceptionSystem.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityAccessDeniedException
    At line:1 char:1
    + Update-SPRepopulateMicroblogFeedCache -ProfileServiceApplicationProxy $proxy
    -Ac ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Offic...roblogFeedCache:
       SPCmdletUpdateMicroblogFeedCache) [Update-SPRepopulateMicroblogFeedCache],
       UserProfileApplicationNotAvailableException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.PowerShell.
       SPCmdletUpdateMicroblogFeedCache

-I tried to develop a simple console application in visual studio 2013 using the ProfileDBCacheService.svc with the code bellow:

using ConsoleApplication1.ServiceReference1;
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace ConsoleApplication1
    {
        class Program
        {
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                ServiceReference1.ProfileDBCacheServiceClient client = new ServiceReference1.ProfileDBCacheServiceClient();
                UserSearchCriteria user = new UserSearchCriteria();
                string [] emails = new string[1];
                emails[0] = "emailofuser";
                user.EmailCollection = emails;
                string [] users = new string[1];
                users[0] = "domain\user";
                user.NTNameCollection = users;
                user.PartitionID = Guid.NewGuid();
                user.SearchColumn = "NTName";
                StreamedDataOfArrayOfUserDatajHCugpoN result = client.GetUserData(user);
                string a;

// Use the 'client' variable to call operations on the service.

// Always close the client.
                client.Close();
            }
        }
    }

but i get the error "Additional information: An endpoint configuration section for contract 'ServiceReference1.IProfileDBCacheService' could not be loaded because more than one endpoint configuration for that contract was found"

What else can i check?

• Edited by Vhwn Tuesday, June 9, 2020 12:32 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2020 12:31 PM