"Choose Data Source" on DataGridView -> obsolete entries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i'm working on a database-driven tool working with about 20 tables and some views (MS-SQL Express in the test enviroment, VS 2010 Pro).

Well, i think, i should start from scratch:
    At the start of this tool it has been programmed by another colleague who wrote "schedule" wrong every time (shedule), so i had to refactor-rename it. After that, a form showed this error in the designer: "DataMember property 'xxxxxxxxScheduleView' cannot be found on the DataSource" (had to mask the name, because of security reasons).
    While trying to find the error i also searched all files in the solution directory for "shedule" (ignore case, utf-8 and unicode) but didn't find something.

So i decided to ignore and continue, and it worked. In the opened List of the DataMember for the BindingSource was still the old name of that TableAdapter, but i've corrected the value directly in the .Designer.cs file.
    Well, run and debug -> no errors while loading the data from that "not existing" TableAdapter.

That is the past story... now the present: I added a new TableAdapter (i'll just call it view from now).
    Then I started to edit one of my forms and added a new DataGridView and want to choose the DataSource. But there was no entry for my new view.

This was the point, where i asked around in my company, but nobody knew something about that.
    So i ask you all here: Do you know, how to refresh that list?

Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:06 AM

Answers

• Found it: deleted the bin and obj directories (clean alone didn't help)
    • Marked as answer by Ranfty2000 Friday, May 6, 2011 11:50 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 11:50 AM