none
default web browser,Outlook 2010 addin web browser problem. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i was developed Outlook 2010 addin. it is working fine but when i was click the addin button it opens InternetExplorer browser. but in my system default browser is Mozilla firefox. How can i solve this issue. can anybody please tell me the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Balu. 

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Balu,

I suppose you will handle it via a ribbon button. please add this snippet into you button click event. I think it can solve your issue.

ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo("IExplore.exe");
    info.Arguments = "http://www.google.com";
    Process.Start(info);

You can instead of "IExplore.exe" as any absoult path for the web browser on your machine to open the url.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 8:01 AM

All replies

• What addin button is being clicked? Is it one from your addin? If so only you know what code that button is running. What is it?

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Balu526" <=?utf-8?B?QmFsdTUyNg==?=> wrote in message news:071cf048-980b-4288-b88c-7c3a3ab0033d...

Hi,

i was developed Outlook 2010 addin. it is working fine but when i was click the addin button it opens InternetExplorer browser. but in my system default browser is Mozilla firefox. How can i solve this issue. can anybody please tell me the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Balu. 

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:08 PM
  • Hi Balu,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I’m wounding where your button is. Is it in the ribbon tab?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hi Balu,

I suppose you will handle it via a ribbon button. please add this snippet into you button click event. I think it can solve your issue.

ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo("IExplore.exe");
    info.Arguments = "http://www.google.com";
    Process.Start(info);

You can instead of "IExplore.exe" as any absoult path for the web browser on your machine to open the url.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 8:01 AM