Blue Screen RRS feed

• Question

• When I start a new project in the C# vs express edition I get a STOP error 0x0000008e on a blue scree.

How can I fix this?

Thanks
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:57 PM

Answers

• Use this KB article for generic troubleshooting.  Keep the Windows install CD handy though.
    Hans Passant.
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:49 AM
  • This likley to be a driver error, if it is there will be no error in safe mode, if it is the driver problem use the device manager to update them. use the device manager (if you need help with this just reply with I need help with the device manager and I'll give instructions
    Try another OS, it may change your opinion of Windows!
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:19 AM

All replies

• A "blue screen" is commonly seen at power on time, during boot up.  It's also known as "the blue screen of death", which means your OS has crashed most likely corrupted beyond repair.  That is what a blue screen usually means.  OS crash.

Does this happen with all projects?
    Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 11:02 PM
  • Yes whenever I try to start a New Project in Visual Studio C# Express the OS crashes.

The error logs say this:

Description:
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    avgio
    TfFsMon
    TfSysMon

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 12:50 AM
  • Use this KB article for generic troubleshooting.  Keep the Windows install CD handy though.
    Hans Passant.
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 1:49 AM
  • This likley to be a driver error, if it is there will be no error in safe mode, if it is the driver problem use the device manager to update them. use the device manager (if you need help with this just reply with I need help with the device manager and I'll give instructions
    Try another OS, it may change your opinion of Windows!
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:19 AM