none
Installation errors

Question

• Hi, 

Starting last week, all of a sudden, whenever I tried to run the storage emulator (v4.0) I received a message: "Storage Emulator Stopped working". I tried a repair in the control panel, which didn't work. after that I tried to uninstall and reinstall the SDK. the installation was successful except for the Emulator. Today I've installed v4.1, but I still can't get around to install the Storage Emulator. 

I'm attaching the installation logs, any help and advice will be highly appreciated,

Mattan.

webapi.txt

WindowsAzureStorageEmulator.txt

Monday, July 20, 2015 7:30 PM

Answers

• Are you downloading the installer and running as administrator by chance?  Also, check to delete any temporary installation folders under your profile?  Maybe try logging into the system as a new profile just to eliminate that it isn't a profile corruption issue on the machine.
    Friday, July 24, 2015 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1.Open cmd.exe (Command Prompt)

2.Write this:
      SqlLocalDb stop "v11.0"
      SqlLocalDb delete "v11.0"
      Press Enter.

Refer the Following StackOverFlow thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11403042/error-while-starting-storage-emulator-on-windows-azure

Regards,
    Nithin Rathnakar

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

Could not figure out much from the logs attached. Could you share the exact error message you have got while re installing the Storage emulator.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:27 PM
  • Hey guys, first of all, thanks alot for the fast response.

Nithin, I've tried your suggestion (and read further in the stackoverflow link), but eventhough the DB was deleted (attached a prtscn), I still received the same error off the Platform installer (also attached).

Shirisha, I attached a print screen of the error, though there's nothing much there. I assume that most of the useful info would be in the logs, which I can extract the new ones if you think it would help.

Thanks,

Mattan.

deletion of localDB

web platform installer error

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry to say, My research into this Error and Log analysis did not lead to much in terms of advice I can give for troubleshooting.
     If you have already Uninstalled all the Versions of SDK and installed the latest one alone, and the Emulator is still failing to start.
     Then my best advise to you would be to create a Support Ticket and have an Azure Support Professional look into this issue.

Regards,
    Nithin Rathnakar

Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:31 PM
  • Are you downloading the installer and running as administrator by chance?  Also, check to delete any temporary installation folders under your profile?  Maybe try logging into the system as a new profile just to eliminate that it isn't a profile corruption issue on the machine.
    Friday, July 24, 2015 5:38 PM
  • Hi Tommy, Thanks for the reply.

Initially I ran it with my profile, afterwards I tried running the installer as an Admin. It didn't seem to change the behavior. 
    Where can I find these "temporary installation folders" so I'd delete them and try again?
    should I run it as an admin or better off to try with a new profile?

thanks,
    Mattan.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 5:08 PM