none
Chart Series Point Displays Incorrect Value RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have a chart with 6 series with are made to appear like a bulls-eye and the first series (which is a Point) will only ever have a single value at any given time, though the value can change.

Whenever the XY chart point's X value becomes the same value as the origin (so for example if the center is 0,0 and the X value becomes 0), it is displayed in the Chart at the next tick mark.

This picture indicates that the value is displaying correctly, notice how the X and Y values displayed in the Label accurately display where the mark is in relation to the chart:

This picture indicates that the value is displaying incorrectly, notice how the X Label accurately (as confirmed by debugging) indicates that it is 0, but the Chart plots the X at the next tick mark (which is 1 in this case):

Friday, August 4, 2017 8:55 PM

Answers

• Whenever the XY chart point's X value becomes the same value as the origin (so for example if the center is 0,0 and the X value becomes 0), it is displayed in the Chart at the next tick mark.

If you are using a series with a single point then you cannot have an X value of zero.   There is an explanation and workaround here.

• Marked as answer by David_Day Friday, August 4, 2017 10:10 PM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 9:44 PM

All replies

• Whenever the XY chart point's X value becomes the same value as the origin (so for example if the center is 0,0 and the X value becomes 0), it is displayed in the Chart at the next tick mark.

If you are using a series with a single point then you cannot have an X value of zero.   There is an explanation and workaround here.

• Marked as answer by David_Day Friday, August 4, 2017 10:10 PM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 9:44 PM
  • That is so odd to me, but none-the-less it answers my question. Thank you!
    Friday, August 4, 2017 10:10 PM