none
How do i add a new table to a split database RRS feed

• Question

• How do I add a new table to an existing split database. I have added a couple of new tables to the back end of the database but not sure how to link these new tables to the front end of the database. Can you please help? I'm using Access 2013

Thanks

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:22 PM

Answers

1. Go to the tab labeled "External Data" on the ribbon.
    2. Select "Access."  The "Get External Data - Access Database" dialog will be displayed.
    3. Click [Browse].  The "File Open" dialog will be displayed.
    4. Locate the path for your back-end database and select the file.  The file name should appear in the text box below.
    5. Click [Open].  You will be returned to the "Get External Data - Access Database" dialog.
    6. On the "Get External Data - Access Database" dialog, click the option titled: "Link to the data source by creating a linked table."
    7. Click [OK].
    8. In the next dialog, select the tables you want to link, then click [OK].

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:33 PM

All replies

1. Go to the tab labeled "External Data" on the ribbon.
    2. Select "Access."  The "Get External Data - Access Database" dialog will be displayed.
    3. Click [Browse].  The "File Open" dialog will be displayed.
    4. Locate the path for your back-end database and select the file.  The file name should appear in the text box below.
    5. Click [Open].  You will be returned to the "Get External Data - Access Database" dialog.
    6. On the "Get External Data - Access Database" dialog, click the option titled: "Link to the data source by creating a linked table."
    7. Click [OK].
    8. In the next dialog, select the tables you want to link, then click [OK].

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:33 PM
  • Thank You, I've been trying to do this for hours :)
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:57 PM
  • If you need to attach tables programmatically, try this:  Split database architecture
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:53 AM