Automation Test Won't Complete in Community 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an enterprise edition of VS 2015 for work but on my personal machine I have installed VS Community 2015.  I create a Unit Test project in both exactly the same.  I then just made a simple login test exactly the same for both and in Enterprise everything worked fine.  But in community the application would open up but no credentials were being filled out and the test in the test explorer would just keep running.  Even after exiting out of the app while the test is still running no error pops up.  Does anyone have any ideas of why this would work on enterprise and not community?
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For your issue you can look into offering comparison for Visual studio 2015

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/compare-visual-studio-2015-products-vs.aspx

Thanks

Abhishek

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:15 PM
  • Thanks for Abhishek's help.

Hi Iceberg23,

>> I create a Unit Test project in both exactly the same.  I then just made a simple login test exactly the same for both and in Enterprise everything worked fine.  But in community the application would open up but no credentials were being filled out and the test in the test explorer would just keep running.

Which kind of app did you really test? What does it mean "no credentials were being filled out"? How did you create this unit test project? Could you share me a simple sample? So I could really test it in my side using the same VS version as yours.

As far as I know, the VS2015 community version would support the general unit test, for example, just create a simple unit test with assert method, and then run it in VS2015 community version, check it again. If it works well, I think it is not the VS IDE issue. Maybe we would think about that whether the VS2015 supports the project type you want to test, or it is related to your VS IDE. Of course, if you have other VS2015 community machine, test it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 14, 2015 7:41 AM