What is the "Store Page" icon in a HoloLens (UWP) app and why won't support show me a screenshot? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My app has been rejected twice in a row for icon-related issues now.  Apparently, one of the icons is still a Unity default icon but I can't for the life of me find it.  I've checked the generated app project's Assets folder and I only see my own icons there.  I've also uploaded icons to the Store Listing part of the submission page (although I did not check the box that confusingly asks whether they should be used).  During the submission process, store icons were apparently correctly extracted because I can see my icon on the submission status page next to the app name. 

So *what* are they talking about? *Which* icon (file name and name in the manifest file, please) is the one referred to as "Store Page" in the certification results?

App ID: 9P4PM51HZ1LM

Thank you,

Bart

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Bart,

>During the submission process, store icons were apparently correctly extracted because I can see my icon on the submission status page next to the app name. 

The Store Logo in Asset is displayed in Dev Center dashboard, which is what you see next to the app name on submission status page in dashboard.

But for "Store page", the Square 150x150 Logo is the icon displayed here. For more details, you might check
    Prepare image assets included in the appx .

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:36 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:35 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. That logo had actually already been displaying before the submission was rejected. It's working now, though. I had to upload the additional Windows 10 icons under "Store Listing". I did not modify my app package and simply re-submitted.

It would be incredibly helpful if Microsoft could automate more of these checks and place them into the pre-processing stage to improve turnaround time. Also, I would like to suggest that icon-related errors (and perhaps other errors that I haven't yet experienced) include relevant images. In this case, it would have been helpful to have a picture in the report of where this icon can be upload. For my previous failure, it would have been useful to see a list of icons that were included in my app, along with their file names, as well as the ones that were missing (or in my case, "misrepresented" as Unity icons).

I think such changes would save time both for Microsoft staff and app developers :)

Thanks,

Bart

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, January 22, 2018 7:57 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:46 PM
  • Hi Bart,

Thanks for your sharing the result as well as your suggestion.

Since it's working now, you might mark your own response as answer so that other community could also refer to your experience conveniently.

For your suggestion, you could submit it to Window Developer User Voice site so tht MSFT might will release the feature in the future.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 8:37 AM