none
using Visual Studio 2015 Community and WDK Windows 10, USBView gives compile error RRS feed

• Question

• when I build the sample app usbview, xmlhelper.cpp fails to compile due to error in auto-generated file usbschema.hpp.  The get() function of a member variable cannot see the member variable.    Other similar get() functions, defined in similar manner, seem to compile for the other member variables of the class.   Could I have some visual studio install or config problem that leads to this error?   do I need to rebuild the usbschema.hpp using XSD manually?   The file comments says it is auto-generated.

Error is:

c:\program files\windows kits\10\samples\wdk\usb\usbview\usbschema.hpp(3687): error C2039: 'deviceIsOperatingAtSuperSpeedPlusOrHigher': is not a member of 'Microsoft::Kits::Samples::Usb::NodeConnectionInfoExV2Type'

Monday, August 31, 2015 5:31 PM

All replies

• I ran into this same issue and started an issue on github. It doesn't seem like this code will ever compile because there are items missing.

As a workaround, I was able to get it to compile and run by adding the following to the NodeConnectionInfoExV2Type class in usbschema.hpp.

private: System::Boolean deviceIsSuperSpeedCapableOrHigherField;
    private: System::Boolean deviceIsOperatingAtSuperSpeedPlusOrHigher;

Then I commented out all of the stuff referencing UsbBillboardCapabilityDescriptor in xmlhelper.cpp. I made explicit casts in a couple of places which caused errors. Finally, I cleaned up all of the 'unused' warnings caused by my changes. (The project is set to show an error if there are any warnings.)

It's really aggravating that we have to clean up source in order to get it to work.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:38 PM