none
Enabling macros in Excel 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a weird situation I don't know how to solve. I have a sheet that has a few VBA procedures attached to buttons on the sheet. This sheet works perfectly on my PC. But when another user opens it, the cursor shows only as a cross and doesn't allow for pressing the buttons. The file is an xlsm file and I've checked the trust center settings and don't see anything there.

What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

I need an answer ASAP

Hope this helps, Scott<> P.S. Please post a response to let us know whether our answer helped or not. Microsoft Access MVP 2009 Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA Technical Editor for: Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports and Queries

Monday, February 23, 2015 9:02 PM

Answers

• Hey Hans,

That wasn't the problem, but I found the solution. The user had an old MSFORMS.EXD file on his system in an Excel 8.0 folder. We had a problem with EXD files a while back. As soon as I deleted that file, the spreadsheet work as designed.

Scott<>

Hope this helps, Scott<> P.S. Please post a response to let us know whether our answer helped or not. Microsoft Access MVP 2009 Author: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA Technical Editor for: Special Edition Using Microsoft Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms, Reports and Queries

• Proposed as answer by L.HlModerator Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Monday, March 9, 2015 7:40 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:16 PM

All replies

• Let the user activate the Developer tab of the ribbon, and make sure that the Design Mode button in the Controls group is not highlighted.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Monday, February 23, 2015 9:19 PM
  • Hey Hans,

That wasn't the problem, but I found the solution. The user had an old MSFORMS.EXD file on his system in an Excel 8.0 folder. We had a problem with EXD files a while back. As soon as I deleted that file, the spreadsheet work as designed.

Scott<>

• Proposed as answer by L.HlModerator Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Monday, March 9, 2015 7:40 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:16 PM