none
Different isolation levels for different asynchronous service methods RRS feed

• Question

• I have the need to use different isolation levels for different methods on my WCF service. To achieve this I have implemented explicit use of the TransactionScope class via an attribute implementing IOperationBehavior. This works fine for synchronous WCF methods.

In the case of asynchronous WCF methods (public async Task<T> Operation(..)) this simple solution is not possible since the transaction scope needs to be committed on the same thread as it is created. 

Any suggestions on how to solve this without implementing custom transaction management logic. WCF is of course solving the "async transaction completion problem" nicely when I use TransactionScopeRequired=true, but then I'm stuck with one isolation level which isn't possible.

/Henrik Cooke (Developer)

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:56 AM
  • Hi Henrik,

Troubleshooting of this issue involves more time and resource. From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, please consider opening a support case with us.

Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Thanks,

Shashi

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:11 PM