SSRS Mobile Time Chart - Line, omit zeros RRS feed

• Question

• When creating a time chart in SSRS mobile and selecting line as the series visualization I'm unable to prevent the chart from including zeros. I have a data series with only data for the 1st few months of the year. I would like the remaining months to be blank.

Data is imported from Excel. SSRS mobile interprets data series (values) as numeric if missing values are blank or zero - as a results treats missing values as 0. Values are interpreted as text if NULL or #N/A is used to replace missing values. Neither result in the output I require - line for 1st few months the blank for remaining. 

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi s2turner,

I am not clear about your issue, did you want the Excel consider null or blank as blank, not convert it to 0? If I have something misunderstood, please correct me.

Based on my test, I find that when you use Excel data in mobile report, it will consider blank cell as 0 automatically when you import the data, it might be by design. So if you want to keep the data show  blank in mobile dataset, you could try to create dataset in SSMS->database engine

Then you will get the result below

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.
    Best regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:17 AM