Windows 8 Dev Bug Reporting?

Question

• Don’t like posting this in public but when can we join connect.microsoft.com and submit bugs about Windows 8 as I’m sorry but I have already had loads but no way of reporting them to Microsoft like I could when testing Vista or Seven?

Unless this build is just so you can get developers to start making stuff for your App(lication) store?

I noticed also there is no windows live essentials installed as default are we going to have a version of that so we can say test a application that can say share with Messenger or even when WP7 pulgs in Share with SMS (not likly, but could happen with 3G tablets)?

Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Reporting of issues is available for those with MSDN Subscriptions and specific partner Connect Accounts.  If you have a subscription you can use the Feedback Tool to report issues using the following method outlined in a previous post:

You can install the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re a MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can use to join using a Windows Live ID account.

To provide feedback once the Windows Feedback Tool is installed:

1. Open the Send Feedback icon on the Start screen. (Note: Make sure you don’t delete the icon – once it’s deleted, it can’t be recovered.)

2. On the left side of the window, select the relevant area for your feedback. For example, if your feedback is about changing the background color, you would select “Appearance and Customization.”

3. On the right side, choose the issue that matches your feedback as closely as possible, and then click or tap Next.

4. Enter a title that describes your issue. For example, “Windows hangs during shutdown after installing updates.”

5. In the next field, describe step-by-step what you were doing when the issue occurred. This will help us reproduce the problem.

6. In the bottom field of the screen, provide as much additional detail as possible about the issue, and then click or tap Next.

7. Review the information being reported about your system. Add any files necessary to reproduce the issue and add a screenshot if the problem is still visible on your screen. Then, click or tap Send Report.

• Marked as answer by o0MattE0o Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:08 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by o0MattE0o Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:05 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Im not on the connect site for Windows 8 beta, I have tested Vista and Windows 7 and some other products in the past but no windows 8 yet so I cant send feed back the only place to place bugs for me is on this forum which will fill way to fast posting bugs which I dont think Microsoft would like in public forums?

I wanted to know if there is a way to submit feedback?

P.S I would of loved to go to the build conf but I live in the UK and did not have the time or cash to fly over to California for a week... :(

Tehcnical Beta Tester || Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) || www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    • Edited by o0MattE0o Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:11 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:10 PM
  • Here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/de1d67d8-bf19-493b-a143-f422e57b1b0f

This will explain to you how to get into the connect program.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:26 PM