none
Privacy Policy Requirement 4.1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• My app just got rejected because of not following requirement 4.1.1, even though my manifest does NOT include Internet (Client) or Internet (Client & Server). Is this a mistake? I don't understand why my app needs a privacy policy, since it does not collect ANY user info, and cannot transmit it anywhere anyway (it's just an education app). It's a pure standalone app for educational purposes.
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• I fell foul of the same problem. I don't access the internet.

It seems they wan ta privacy policy on the charms menu.

Here is the code I used.

void privacy()
    		{
        SettingsPane::GetForCurrentView()->CommandsRequested += ref new TypedEventHandler<SettingsPane^,SettingsPaneCommandsRequestedEventArgs^>(
        [=](SettingsPane^ sender, SettingsPaneCommandsRequestedEventArgs^ args)
        {
            using namespace Windows::UI::Popups;
            args->Request->ApplicationCommands->Append(
                ref new SettingsCommand(
                    "MPS 2012",
                    "Privacy Statement",
                    ref new UICommandInvokedHandler(
                        [=](IUICommand^ command)
                        {

auto boxOK =
            ref new Windows::UI::Popups::MessageDialog("Murton-Pike Systems Privacy Statement. \n Murton-Pike Systems Ltd. apps do not use any of your personal information.\n Murton-Pike Systems Ltd. apps do not connect to the internet to send or receive any personal information. ");
        boxOK->ShowAsync();						

// show results of settings selection
                        })
                    )
                );
        });
    		}

n.Wright

Friday, September 14, 2012 12:07 AM
  • but you also removed the internet capabililty from the manifest file? if you have checked that you have to provide the privacy policy
    Friday, September 14, 2012 5:46 PM
  • but you also removed the internet capabililty from the manifest file? if you have checked that you have to provide the privacy policy

I only use access to pictures library in app manifest. I have no requirement for the internet so didnt check its box.

On the first submission I wasnt asked for a privacy policy but on the second I was.

I can only guess that requiremenst changed in the meantime.

n.Wright

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Just add to your app and when submitting link to similar file like this one - create one for your app and upload it somewhere:

http://suchan.cz/windows8/apod_policy_en.html

and you are done, it's really that easy :)

• Marked as answer by mark_1h Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:50 PM
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:15 PM