none
WCF-OracleDB adapter error: Requested Value 'verbose' was not found. ? RRS feed

• Question

• I got the error when I tried to enable the recieve location which is using WCF-OracleDB adapter from Microsoft.

I also tried to create a WCF-Custom adapter using oracleDB binding, it has same error.

The application works fine on dev environment, but not on testing server.

I am using BizTalk 2010.

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "RCV_ReceiveLocation" with URL "oracledb://devclrty/" to the adapter "WCF-OracleDB". Reason: "System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBAdapter' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.Utilities' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'verbose' was not found.
       at System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument)
       at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)
       at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.AdapterTrace.Trace(TraceEventType type, String eventCode, String description, Object source, TraceRecord extendedData, Exception exception)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.AdapterTrace.Trace(TraceEventType type, String eventCode, String description, Object source, Exception exception)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.AdapterCounters.get_CountersExist()
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.PerformanceCounters..ctor()
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Design.Utilities..cctor()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionManagerSettings.set_MaxConnectionsPerSystem(Int32 value)
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBAdapter..cctor()
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBAdapter.SetDefaultValuesForBindingProperties(IOracleDBBindingProperties adapter)
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleDB.OracleDBBinding..ctor()
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Converters.BindingFactory.CreateUserBinding(String wcfExtensions, String bindingName, String bindingConfiguration, String referencedBindings)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Converters.BindingFactory.CreateBinding(String wcfExtensions, String bindingName, String bindingConfiguration, String bindings)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Config.CustomRLConfig.CreateBinding(RHConfig rhConfig)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BtsServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnBeginOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint.Enable()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint..ctor(BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, IBTTransportProxy transportProxy, ControlledTermination control)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiver`2.AddReceiveEndpoint(String url, IPropertyBag adapterConfig, IPropertyBag bizTalkConfig)".

• Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Monday, September 19, 2011 5:53 PM related to adapters (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:24 AM

Answers

• The cuase of the problem is actually in BizTalk host configure file BTSNTSvc64.exe, there is a setting:

<source name="Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels" switchValue="Off"> the value is off, if replace that to be Verbose (it has to be capital V for Verbose), it solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by Xiao Han Friday, September 23, 2011 3:01 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:01 AM

All replies

• I found that it works on host node1, but not on host node 2.

The environment has 2 servers, 1 host instance from each server.

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:52 AM
  • You will have to configure the adapter receive host instance using node2. Seemingly the adapter is not configured for host node2.
    Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    Blog: http://dpsbali-biztalkweblog.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 5:51 AM
  • You will have to configure the adapter receive host instance using node2. Seemingly the adapter is not configured for host node2.
    Regards,
    Bali

I am using the WCF-OracleDB adapter, all default settings. How do I configure the adapter for both host nodes?

Thank you.

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:34 PM
  • In BizTalk Admin console, go to Adapters and then right click on the WCF-Custom adapter and click new Send Handler or Receive Handler depending on your scenario as in you are using this for send or receive. In the adapter handler properties you can click on the hostname drop down and select the host for node2. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Bali
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:15 AM
  • In BizTalk Admin console, go to Adapters and then right click on the WCF-Custom adapter and click new Send Handler or Receive Handler depending on your scenario as in you are using this for send or receive. In the adapter handler properties you can click on the hostname drop down and select the host for node2. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Bali

Hi Bali,

In the dropdown I did not find hosts for different BizTalk server nodes. Only the host instances created on the current server node.

The problem is :

BizTalkServerApplication host instance on server1: on

BizTalkServerApplication host instance on server2: off

Working

BizTalkServerApplication host instance on server1: off

BizTalkServerApplication host instance on server2: on

Not Working

BizTalkServerApplication host instance on server1: on

BizTalkServerApplication host instance on server2: on

Not Working

I have tried to uninstall BizTalk adapter pack 32 and 64bits version, LOB adapter SKD 64bit from server2 and installed again, it still does not work.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:49 PM
  • I don't think you require to uninstall or install anything. If both server 1 and server 2 are in the group you should be able to see them in the drop down. Do you see your node2 in Hosts under Platform Settings in admin console. 
    Regards,
    Bali
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:33 AM
  • I don't think you require to uninstall or install anything. If both server 1 and server 2 are in the group you should be able to see them in the drop down. Do you see your node2 in Hosts under Platform Settings in admin console. 
    Regards,
    Bali

No, I don't see the other node's host at Platform Settings->Hosts. Only current server's hosts are there.

But I can see both nodes hosts at Platform Settings->Hosts Instances.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:52 AM
  • Go to the admin console on the node that is not working and configure the adapter using the steps I mentioned in an earlier post. 
    Regards,
    Bali
    • Edited by DPS Bali Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:53 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:53 AM
  • The cuase of the problem is actually in BizTalk host configure file BTSNTSvc64.exe, there is a setting:

<source name="Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels" switchValue="Off"> the value is off, if replace that to be Verbose (it has to be capital V for Verbose), it solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by Xiao Han Friday, September 23, 2011 3:01 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:01 AM