No valid exports were found that match the constraint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, i've got a few issues with getting lightswitch to work property in a deployed manner.  

First i've managed to deploy to a local IIS and that works just fine. I'm trying to deploy ligthswitch in KenticoCMS and add the control as a webpart.

I'm getting this error :

Load operation failed for query 'GetAuthenticationInfo'. No valid exports were found that match the constraint '((exportDefinition.ContractName == "Microsoft.LightSwitch.BaseServices.Subsystem.Internal.ISubsystemService") AndAlso (exportDefinition.Metadata.ContainsKey("ExportTypeIdentity") AndAlso "Microsoft.LightSwitch.BaseServices.Subsystem.Internal.ISubsystemService".Equals(exportDefinition.Metadata.get_Item("ExportTypeIdentity"))))', invalid exports may have been rejected.

I can only assume that this is an issue with a way that i have the server set up.

If i click okay the error goes away and the control loads just fine.  Once inside the app i get the incredibly useless red x error.  When i check my trace log everything is showing 200 so there aren't any queries failiing, it's just not showing the data.  I was thinking maybe the two were related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:32 PM

All replies

• Small correction.

The app fails to load when i click okay.  if i add ?AuthenticationType=None to the query string then the app loads but i get the red x.  

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Hi Stewart

Looks like your app is running but the WCF service is not being hit. I had this when I deployed to a server that had Wordpress installed. Wordpress had placed an entry in the URL Rewrite section of my IIS server that stated anything that wasn't a file or a directory, re-route back to the home page. This was getting copied to any new site I created in the IIS structure.

Since the WCF is neither a file nor a directory, it was getting bumped back to the home page.

May be a similar thing for KenticoCMS.

Regards

Paul

Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Maybe this article could give you some hints if it's not what Stewart has suggested?

Deployment Guide: How to Configure a Web Server to Host LightSwitch Applications

Yann

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:49 PM