All possible ways an HttpHandler can be installed? RRS feed

• Question

• User-436320852 posted

There is a custom HttpHandler running on my development machine to handle old links that don't exist anymore. Problem is, there is nothing about it in any configuration file. I've checked everywhere I thought possible. Anyone have any idea where it could be installed, or is it just cached somehow? 

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:32 PM

All replies

• User1439985827 posted

Are you sure it is an HttpHandler or Module? Could it be an ISAPI UrlRewriter in IIS? If not, have you checked in the web.config of parent folders? Have you found a class that seems to be doing this rewriting?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:29 PM
  • User-436320852 posted

I'm using UrlRewriting.Net, but it's not the culprit (the rules I created are being overridden). There is a class that extends IHttpHandler, and redirects from the old page to the new. However the project is a class library and isn't touched by any asp.net code. There's no reference to it in any configuration file. It was quite a while back, but I seem to remember trying to run it from a command-line.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:16 AM
  • User-900677162 posted

HI, satx_ewallace:

Have a try to re-register the iis again.

aspnet_regiis -i

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:47 PM
  • User1439985827 posted

Have a try to re-register the iis again.

aspnet_regiis -i

Rex, I am curious as to why you think this may resolve any issues? The user is asking what ways an HttpHandler can be configured, such as in the web.config file. How would re-registering IIS solve anything?

Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:42 PM
  • User-225114762 posted

Have you checked Machine.Config and the global Web.Config (if this is ASP.NET 2.0)?

Monday, May 28, 2007 3:26 PM