nested composite activities in the IDE RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow which is nested: for example a sequence, holding a flowchart, holding a sequence or a dowhile.

When I "expand all", the flowchart expands, but the sequence or dowhile remains collapsed.

Is this expected behavior or a bug?

I am working within the VS 2010 Beta 2 IDE. No rehosting.

One of the reasons I'd like some visual encapsulation is that the decision is not displaying the branch labels. It's not clear to me how to create a very readable template.

I want to be able to create something moderately complex and get the gist of it. If I loop using flow chart features, I add a lot of complexity to the visual where the nested loop would make this more intuitive. I believe this model of workflow should ultimately be a composite of both types as this is far better than either alone. Maybe not as good as a state machine ;) but better than either alone. Without being able to view it as a whole, this doesn't work.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, we don't expand sequence and other expandable activities in flowchart. One of the reasons is if they get expanded, all the user links in flowchart will get rerouted automatically.

The labels of FlowDecision/FlowSwitch are not supported directly right now. Once you set expression for FlowDecision/FlowSwitch, you can
    click the small rectangle on the upper right conner of FlowDecision/FlowSwitch designer, then the expression will get pinned.

Thanks,
    Jian
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:59 AM