How to solve "Assembly binding logging is turned OFF"? RRS feed

• Question

• User710514770 posted

I was trying to launch my web application to server, but the following error pops up.

Error:

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

This is my first time, so I'm so frustrated on that.

Hope there's someone help.

Very much appreciated.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:21 AM

All replies

• User-2017008401 posted

Error:

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Hi Tracie1,

The “Assembly binding logging is turned OFF” message is the warning. Please post the “error” or “exception” message. For your reference, please check the post in the following as a sample:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2909195&SiteID=1

Sunday, August 3, 2008 11:07 PM
  • User1755477354 posted

Hello:

I've got the same problem. Here I post the error message

Server Error in '/reportes' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' could not be loaded.

Stack Trace: 

[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
       System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +416
       System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +166
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +190

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +11207304
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +388
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +232
       System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +48
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +210
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +76
       System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +11196482
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +185
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +654
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +658

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +76
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +1012
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +1025

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11301302
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +11174792

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927 

Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' could not be loaded.

Stack Trace: 

[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
       System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +416
       System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +166
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +190

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySQLDriverCS' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +11207304
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +388
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +232
       System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +48
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +210
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +76
       System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +11196482
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +185
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +654
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +658

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +76
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +1012
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +1025

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11301302
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +11174792

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

I'm trying tu run my application in IIS 7.

Monday, December 14, 2009 3:45 PM
  • User1939540793 posted

Hi Tracie 1

Just you to hve to add  2 dll file in your project at Reference those are as follows:

1. System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll 

2. System.Web.Extensions.dll

Thanks

Jilani Rony

Monday, January 4, 2010 2:16 PM
  • User1876058282 posted

I've tried adding System.Web.Extensions and System.Web.Extensions.Design at both the Web.Config file and the references. What am I missing? I still get the error?

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:04 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

There is something wrong with your assembly:

Is this a 64-bit assembly, or a native or COM assembly? 

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:15 PM
  • User1876058282 posted

I don't think anything is wrong with my assembly. I think I just I don't know how to get around a hurdle in Windows7/IIS7. I have a site that runs fine in IIS6. I was going to experiment with the SEO Toolkit, but that requires IIS7 so I thought I'd set the site up on my laptop in IIS7... now I can't seem to get around the error of: 

I wonder what environmental condition has changed that is tanking my app. It runs fine from within Visual Studio and IIS6 hosting.

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:41 PM
  • User-1332349452 posted

Please I need help!!! I am getting the error message below.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3be235df1c8d2ad3, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3be235df1c8d2ad3, Retargetable=Yes'

at WMConduit.frmProgress.Synch()

at WMConduit.frmProgress.Progress_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

WMConduit

Assembly Version: 3.3.17.0

Win32 Version: 3.3.17.0

CodeBase: file:///c:/pfs/callatl/WMConduit.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication

Assembly Version: 2.9.3299.25810

Win32 Version: 2.9.3299.25810

CodeBase: file:///c:/pfs/callatl/OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:23 PM
  • User-332586255 posted

update your .net frame work. The problem is your running 2.0 so run 3.5 it will fix the problem. :)

Monday, March 1, 2010 1:24 AM
  • User-1052675531 posted

I have the same problem and use. net 3.5.
    The problem began after my machine to hang. Even I did not figure the solution

I appreciate any help

-gabriel

Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:34 PM
  • User12302420 posted

This looks like issue with the assembly you are using, are you using 32 bit assembly in 64 bit OS, if so while compiling change it to use anycpu and then try.

Monday, April 19, 2010 5:41 AM
  • User-383788693 posted

Hello:

I've got the same problem. Here I post the error message

Try changing the Application Pool in IIS7 to Classic.Net AppPool instead of using DefaultAppPool

Friday, June 25, 2010 9:36 AM
  • User-1190628453 posted

of problempe Hello Friends, I have facing same type of problem I am posted my browser error

Please help me.

<title>Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.</title> <mce:style><!-- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } --></mce:style><style mce_bogus="1"><!-- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } --></style>

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error:

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' could not be loaded.

Stack Trace:

[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +39
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +132
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +144
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +618
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +209
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +130
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +178
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() +94
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +332
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +591

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8946484
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +258

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

<!-- [BadImageFormatException]: Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) [ConfigurationErrorsException]: Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) [HttpException]: Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCertificateHelper' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. at System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) -->
    Friday, July 23, 2010 5:47 AM
  • User-187724258 posted

This works!!! Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:36 PM
  • User-2081208152 posted

I added the Enterprise Library dll's to the bin directory on the website that it was deployed on, and that worked for me.

Regards,

Ahmad

Friday, October 29, 2010 8:17 AM
  • User-2143059939 posted

@RT,

I am facing the same problem, please let me know how did you solve?

Thanks

Arif

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:54 AM
  • User1908769370 posted

I had the same issue and the way I fixed it was:

1) create a new Application Pool

2) go to the Advanced Settings of this application pool

3) set the Enable 32-Bit Application to True

4) point your web application to use this new Pool

That's it. Mine worked like a charm after that Smile

Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:43 PM
  • User954998566 posted

1) create a new Application Pool

2) go to the Advanced Settings of this application pool

3) set the Enable 32-Bit Application to True

4) point your web application to use this new Pool

I'm having the same problem, plz how can I crate a new application pool ?

Friday, May 11, 2012 2:26 PM
  • User-1396254621 posted

Create an Application Pool (IIS 7):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731784%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

If you get this error while running the site in IIS 7+ on 64bit servers, you may have assemblies that are 32bit and your application pool will have the option "Enable 32-Bit Applications" set to False; Set this to true and restart the site to get it working.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1648213/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-xxx-or-one-of-its-dependencies-an-attempt-was

Friday, June 29, 2012 10:46 AM
  • User-429846732 posted

You need to copy dlls in Bin folder of application in IIS Deployment Server.. In Development server loads of application work by its different when you deploy them, application searches for dlls in BIN..

Monday, June 3, 2013 11:12 AM
  • User-1625426813 posted

The application pool has enabled default 32-bit. and I'm still this error. anyone have any workarounds, please help me!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Source Error: 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Core' could not be loaded.

Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:03 PM
  • User638478306 posted

Hello Salim

You don`t have to create new pool just go to the advanced settings in your current pool and

set Enable 32-bit Application to true

Thanks

Monday, January 13, 2014 9:26 AM
  • User1028712730 posted

hi

i do have same issue when i try to install a COM+ app into my w2k8 server getting below exception....will you able to help

Log Name:      Application Source:        COM+ SOAP Services Date:          1/28/2015 10:10:44 AM Event ID:      0 Task Category: None Level:         Warning Keywords:      Classic User:          N/A Computer:    <servername> Description: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.COMSVCSLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Interop.COMSVCSLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'    at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetExportedTypes()    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExportedTypes()    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.RegistrationServices.GetRegistrableTypesInAssembly(Assembly assembly)    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.RegistrationServices.RegisterAssembly(Assembly assembly, AssemblyRegistrationFlags flags)    at System.EnterpriseServices.Internal.Publish.RegisterAssembly(String AssemblyPath)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">   <System>     <Provider Name="COM+ SOAP Services" />     <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>     <Level>3</Level>     <Task>0</Task>     <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>     <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-28T15:10:44.000000000Z" />     <EventRecordID>501205</EventRecordID>     <Channel>Application</Channel>     <Computer><servername>     <Security />   </System>   <EventData>     <Data>System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.COMSVCSLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Interop.COMSVCSLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'    at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetExportedTypes()    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExportedTypes()    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.RegistrationServices.GetRegistrableTypesInAssembly(Assembly assembly)    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.RegistrationServices.RegisterAssembly(Assembly assembly, AssemblyRegistrationFlags flags)    at System.EnterpriseServices.Internal.Publish.RegisterAssembly(String AssemblyPath)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. </Data>   </EventData> </Event>

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:02 AM
  • User493932100 posted

1) Create a new Application Pool

2) Go to the Advanced Settings of this application pool

3) Set the Enable 32-Bit Application to True

4) Point your web application to use this new Pool

Screenshot

Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:01 PM