where are report parameters? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1083916677 posted

I've got an vs2010 asp.net app with an embedded .rdlc report.  I'm having trouble finding the Report Parameters in the layout.  Expression builder tells me there are no Report Parameters.   Are they also known as Report Variables?  I thought there used to be a Report Parameters item on the Report menu in previous versions, but just can't locate it anywhere.  

ok, I'm not crazy this link (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251685%28v=VS.80%29.aspx ) says there's a Report Parameters dialog.   Can't find it though.  Is this broken in vs2010 pro?  Any fix/update for this?

Don't really need the ui for this, if there's a way to get the parameters added to the xml.  Just need to get this report finished.

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:58 PM

All replies

• User-8475372 posted

If your dataset which you are binding to the report contains input parameters, then your report would contain these report parameters as they act like filters to filter the report. 

Use Ctrl+Alt+Del to view the report data, a place where you can find the report parameters. Or, Under the view menu, you can find the Report data at the end of the menu. In the report data you will find the parameters. if your dataset/stored procedure or query has input parameters, it will be shown here. 

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:46 AM
  • User2105670541 posted

open your report >>  go to VIew menu >> click on Report Data >> there you can find your parameter in the left side.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:48 AM