none
how to access wcf service hosted in windows service ? RRS feed

• Question

• hello ...

I have created WCF Service and hosted it in the windows service ... i can use it own the local computer ...and i think it will works on the same domain too...

I need to access this service from some other domain ... 

what are the confrontational changes that i need to make ?

Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:02 PM

Answers

• you should  buy a name of domain from  a provider  and  host  your service  in a way that can be publicly  visible  

A man's dreams are an index to his greatness

Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

In order to let your wcf service can be accessed from the other domain, first of all, please make sure whether you want to use Windows authentication or annonymous authentication? For Windows authentication, domain A and domain B must trust each other. This must be configured on Active Directory.

If you want to use annoymous authentication, please try to modify the service configuration to add a bindingConfiguration for Binding, and set clientCredentialType to None.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:15 AM

All replies

• you should  buy a name of domain from  a provider  and  host  your service  in a way that can be publicly  visible  

A man's dreams are an index to his greatness

Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Once you host your WCF Service, you have to configure your server such that the tcp/http port on which your WCF service is running is accessible from other domain. This would include firewall settings on server, domain configuration, etc

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff649818.aspx

Gaurav Khanna | Microsoft VB.NET MVP | Microsoft Community Contributor

Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:58 PM
  • Hi,

In order to let your wcf service can be accessed from the other domain, first of all, please make sure whether you want to use Windows authentication or annonymous authentication? For Windows authentication, domain A and domain B must trust each other. This must be configured on Active Directory.

If you want to use annoymous authentication, please try to modify the service configuration to add a bindingConfiguration for Binding, and set clientCredentialType to None.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:15 AM