Showing Pending changes without doing any changes in TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using TFS 2008. In TFS, the folder strucutre is as follows:

Development-->Source-->File1.aspx,File2.aspx etc;
    Main-->Source-->File1.aspx,File2.aspx.

Everytime we will have latest version of the application on Main node. Recently our TFS has been moved to a new server. The issue is for many of the files under Development, I can see there is a value under Pending Change column as 'merge,edit'. I don't know why this is happening only for me, even though I didn't make any changes.

When I do a comparison of the files in both the nodes, there are differences. Now, how can I delete all the files from Development-->Source and copy all the files from Main-->Source?

Can I do the delete operation or only the Source Control Administrator can do? Please help. I cannot proceed because of this.

Thanks for any help.

meeram

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hello meeram,

Sorry I fear I didn't catch the problem. If there is any misunderstanding please let me know. Thanks.

Is the Development folder a branch of the Main folder?

If not, based on my understanding, there is a baseless merge between Development and Main folder.

Can I do the delete operation or only the Source Control Administrator can do?

Please check the User and Workspace of the 'merge,edit' pending changes.

Brief steps.

1. Right click the item at Source Control Explorer.

2. Select 'Properties'

3. Click 'Status' tab

Ask the user for the pending changes if the user is another person. 

Please try to find if the 'merge edit' pending change is useless.

Or you can ask the Source Control Admin who has the permission on others Changesets to undo the pending changes

I move this thread to Team Foundation Server - Version Control.

Good luck.

Monday, June 23, 2008 3:27 AM