none
[MS-OXCFOLD] "context indexing" RRS feed

• Question

• [MS-OXCFOLD] Section 3.2.5.4 "RopSetSearchCriteria" has a couple of references to "context indexing":

The server can use context indexing by default. This decision is at the discretion of the server implementation, and is usually based on the nature of the restriction that is used. When using
    context indexing in searches, the server allows the client to quickly search text in messages through the use of pre-built indexes, while non-content-indexed searches are based on a sequential scan of all the messages in the search scope.

Is that meant to be "content indexing"?

Brad

Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Brad,

I have confirmed the documentation is incorrect and should state “content” indexing -not- “context” indexing.  I have requested the documentation be corrected.  Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
    • Marked as answer by Brad Hards Monday, July 19, 2010 9:49 PM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Brad:

I have alerted the protocol documentation team about your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:39 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brad,

I am investigating this issue and will follow up asap.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:30 PM
  • Hi Brad,

I have confirmed the documentation is incorrect and should state “content” indexing -not- “context” indexing.  I have requested the documentation be corrected.  Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
    • Marked as answer by Brad Hards Monday, July 19, 2010 9:49 PM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 4:52 PM
  • Mark,

Thanks for looking at this.

Brad

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:49 PM