How to web deploy asp.net mvc api to online hosting RRS feed

• Question

• User-1584746113 posted

I have an asp.net mvc api project , am trying to deploy the project my web hosting which is i can't find any tutorial or how to do that , all steps i found are for local machine publishing ...

Thursday, November 22, 2018 4:41 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted
    Deployment to your hosting provider will depend on what deployment options they support. There are serveral options. Some of the most common are:

FTP - the most common. Publish your site to a local folder, than ftp the folder to the host. Web publishing has ftp support, so you may be able to do this directly
    IIS msdeploy - if supported then visual studio publish can do it
    Git - another common approach. Publish you site to a folder under git. Set the host as a remote, then checkin and push.
    Webui - you upload the files via a hosts website tool. May allow a zip file upload, that is unzipped.

Anyway the best best is to review your hosts documentation.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:07 PM
  • User1520731567 posted

Hi N.Alazzabi,

I have an asp.net mvc api project , am trying to deploy the project my web hosting which is i can't find any tutorial or how to do that , all steps i found are for local machine publishing ...

What is your VS version?

And which publish target?

This Tutorials that publish an application to IIS with VS 2017:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/deployment/tutorial-import-publish-settings-azure?view=vs-2017

You can follow this menu to see the tutorials posted to other platforms.

Best Regards.

Yuki Tao

Monday, November 26, 2018 10:01 AM