Win Dev Pre, NFS Hot Pursuit loses connection, how to fix?

Question

• I installed Developer Preview, which, so far, seems to work okay. I am having an issue, that I hope you can help me with. My installation of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit works good, except it keeps losing connection to the Autolog server.

My Specs: Homebuilt Multiboot (5 XP partitions, 4 Win 7 partitions, 1 Developer Preview partition), Gigabyte EP43-UD3L MoBo, Intel E5300 2.6 Ghz CPU (OC'd to 3.6Ghz), 3-1Gb A Data RAM (667Mhz)& 1-2Gb A Data RAM (667Mhz) EVGA GTS 450 w/1Gb DDR5 Video Card (17" and 19" CRT monitors,Dual View), Soundblaster Live 24 bit soundcard, TSST Super WriteMaster DVD burner w/ Lightscribe, TSST Combo CD burner/DVD-ROM, WD 320 Gb SATA II HDD (7 OS's) WD 1 Tb SATA II HDD (5 Storage Partitions) WD 160 Gb SATA II HDD (2 OS's), Thermaltake Dokker Case, MS Arc mouse, MS Internet Keyboard Pro, Coolmax CTI-700B 700 Watt PSU.

My Band: myspace.com/bent-and-twisted

• Edited by HotRodPolk Monday, October 10, 2011 7:41 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 6:55 AM

Answers

• As a result of your post, I checked how my 7 installation of Hot Pursuit was running, and it has exactly the same issue now, which leads me to believe that my earlier assumtion about the conflict lying in two different sets of stats trying to load at the same time to be true.

So, you were right, the answer WAS there, just needed to be confirmed, which I've now done. I will create a new account at EA to test this out tonight, to be sure, but now I can continue to test other software in 8. I have deleted the download of the other game that wouldn't start, but I'm sure the reason was, it was designed for XP, not Vista and 7. I did try compatability mode, running as admin., and still not a peep, so it's most likely the case, with that one.

Will report back with further results...

My Specs: Homebuilt Multiboot (5 XP partitions, 4 Win 7 partitions,1 Developer Preview partition) Gigabyte EP43-UD3L MoBo Intel Dual Core E5300 2.6Ghz CPU (OC'd to 3.6Ghz) 3-1Gb A Data RAM (667Mhz) 1-2Gb A Data RAM (667Mhz) EVGA GTS 450 w/1Gb DDR5 Video Card 17" and 19" CRT monitors, Dual View) Soundblaster Live 24 bit soundcard TSST Super WriteMaster DVD burner w/ Lightscribe TSST Combo CD Burner/DVD-ROM WD 320 Gb SATA II HDD (7 OS's) WD 1Tb SATA II HDD (5 Storage Partitions) WD 160Gb SATA II HDD (2 OS's) WD 160Gb SATA II HDD (1 OS+ 1 Empty partition) Thermaltake Dokker Case Coolmax CTI-700B 700 Watt Power Supply MS Arc mouse, MS Internet Keyboard Pro My Band: myspace.com/benttwisted
    • Marked as answer by HotRodPolk Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:19 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:19 PM

All replies

• hi there,

quite a multiboot you have there :)

have you examined the NFS Logs, it could be usefull to know where and when the connection stops.

might also pay to turn off power saving modes on your network adapter, be it Wireless or cabled...it often comes to that in order to get fully functional hardware on preview OS.

best regards,

keep us postes,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Monday, October 10, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Thanks, I'll check that out, and try your suggestions.

Yeah, it always freaks people out when I tell them I have 9 computers in one box, (now 10)...See, they're all divided up by app type. There's 3 gaming rigs, 3 recording Studios, 2 Video Studios, 1 7-64 internet surfing rig, and now a Win 8 test platform...Thanks for the help...

My Specs: Homebuilt Multiboot (5 XP partitions, 4 Win 7 partitions,1 Developer Preview partition) Gigabyte EP43-UD3L MoBo Intel Dual Core E5300 2.6Ghz CPU (OC'd to 3.6Ghz) 3-1Gb A Data RAM (667Mhz) 1-2Gb A Data RAM (667Mhz) EVGA GTS 450 w/1Gb DDR5 Video Card 17" and 19" CRT monitors, Dual View) Soundblaster Live 24 bit soundcard TSST Super WriteMaster DVD burner w/ Lightscribe TSST Combo CD Burner/DVD-ROM WD 320 Gb SATA II HDD (7 OS's) WD 1Tb SATA II HDD (5 Storage Partitions) WD 160Gb SATA II HDD (2 OS's) WD 160Gb SATA II HDD (1 OS+ 1 Empty partition) Thermaltake Dokker Case Coolmax CTI-700B 700 Watt Power Supply MS Arc mouse, MS Internet Keyboard Pro My Band: myspace.com/benttwisted
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:48 PM
  • hi there,

quite a multiboot you have there :)

have you examined the NFS Logs, it could be usefull to know where and when the connection stops.

might also pay to turn off power saving modes on your network adapter, be it Wireless or cabled...it often comes to that in order to get fully functional hardware on preview OS.

best regards,

keep us postes,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA

Well, A Couple Things...

Couldn't see a log file anywhere or an autolog folder for that matter. Happen to know where they're kept?

At first I thought it may have to do with the fact there's an issue with level inconsistency, as It's trying to connect to a level 20 completely finished game stat. And this installation is currently level 8 with only half the cars, etc. unlocked. And I'm still convinced that's part of it, (Though no error messages have happened in game, or anywhere else).
     The strange thing is online play is flawless running between 35-60 FPS, average 45-55. But, when trying to check autolog's recommendations, it won't connect to my account, I can go back to menu and log on, but haven't been able to check autolog, and even during regular gameplay, half the time I lose connection, so the records aren't available until I log in when on map screen.

I realize this isn't really a problem, as game's still playable, just inconvenient. Kinda wierd as well is I have all settings cranked up in Nvidia Control panel, exactly same as 7, but using less gpu, and better framerates by an average of 7-10.(Possibly due to no other programs installed other than EVGA precision, and MSE). Have never installed it on my XP gaming partition, so don't know how it runs there.

I wanna try loading Crysis 2, (DX11) but I'd like to clear this issue up first, before adding to the problem.

This setup is a clean install, not an upgrade. I did set all power options to maximum performance. I've had speed step and EIST shut off long before this install, (Current Stable OC at 3.6 Ghz for last 3 months). Didn't change a thing...Except that it stuck on logoff screen, had to hit reset button to restart my 7 Net, haven't went back in to 8 yet.

I would try out Creator '09, but it's buggy at best, ( though in 7 it worked out of the gate, not so in XP, and had tons of interface issues when it released, took 3 weeks to get things to run right)...

My Specs: Homebuilt Multiboot (5 XP partitions, 4 Win 7 partitions,1 Developer Preview partition) Gigabyte EP43-UD3L MoBo, Intel E5300 2.6Ghz CPU (OC'd to 3.6Ghz) 3-1Gb A Data RAM (800Mhz) 1-2Gb A Data RAM (800Mhz) EVGA GTS 450 w/1Gb DDR5 Video Card 17" and 19" CRT monitors, Dual View) Soundblaster Live 24 bit soundcard TSST Super WriteMaster DVD burner w/ Lightscribe TSST Combo CD Burner/DVD-ROM WD 320 Gb SATA II HDD (7 OS's) WD 1Tb SATA II HDD (5 Storage Partitions) WD 160Gb SATA II HDD (2 OS's) WD 160Gb SATA II HDD (1 OS+ 1 Empty partition) Thermaltake Dokker Case Coolmax CTI-700B 700 Watt Power Supply MS Arc mouse, MS Internet Keyboard Pro

My Band: myspace.com/bent-and-twisted

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:58 AM
  • How can you possibly propose my statements and questions as an answer? I still have the issues reported, the game doesn't work right. Granted, the issue reported isn't major, as it mostly works, but still, it loses connection in the middle of gameplay.

I installed another game, it won't even start, let alone work right. Still haven't figured out why.

My last post is most certainly NOT an answer.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:32 AM
  • Sorry, HotRodPolk,

I mismarked the question as proposed.
    Marilyn
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:59 PM
  • You can type in Logs on the Start page and then on Apps page, click on settings.
    Click on Event Logs. This will open the Event Viewer. You can check in the Application or System event logs to see
    if there is any reference to Hot Pursuit Need for Speed. 

However, I suggest you post at the Hot Pursuit Need for Speed forum.
    They would be better able to tell you where the logs might be for AutoLog and NFS.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/3896.page

Also, be sure you have the latest patches installed on the Windows Developer Preview for Hot Pursuit Need for Speed.
    If they are for specific operating system, use the one for Windows 7.

As for other games, you can try to install in Compatibility mode. Since this is not a released product, not all software will run on it.
    It would be up to the game manufacturer to make it compatible with Windows Developer Preview.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:31 PM
  • As a result of your post, I checked how my 7 installation of Hot Pursuit was running, and it has exactly the same issue now, which leads me to believe that my earlier assumtion about the conflict lying in two different sets of stats trying to load at the same time to be true.

So, you were right, the answer WAS there, just needed to be confirmed, which I've now done. I will create a new account at EA to test this out tonight, to be sure, but now I can continue to test other software in 8. I have deleted the download of the other game that wouldn't start, but I'm sure the reason was, it was designed for XP, not Vista and 7. I did try compatability mode, running as admin., and still not a peep, so it's most likely the case, with that one.

Will report back with further results...

• Marked as answer by HotRodPolk Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:19 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Sorry, HotRodPolk,

I mismarked the question as proposed.
    Marilyn

Marilyn, it is I who am sorry, you were right...

HotRod

Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:26 PM