none
Access issue when adding a command button RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I have a split database in use which consists of two main forms. On one of the forms I am trying to add a command button to duplicate the record selected. Every time I do this I save it, come out and when I go back in I enter data into the first box (which is a combo box) and the display box 'Microsoft Access has stopped working' appears and shuts down. When I go back in and take the button out the database works fine.

Can anyone help? I have been looking at this for a while but cannot seem to find a solution.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 11:28 AM

All replies

• We'd need to see the code begging the controls, forms involved.

Also, do you have proper error handling throughout all of you coffee?

Does your VBA compile without errors?

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:08 PM
  • Hi stephens114,

The information provided by you is not enough to find the root cause.

I suggest you to post the sample code. It will help us to narrow down the issue.

Other thing you can try to create a new form and try to implement the same button and check whether it works or give you an error.

If that work correctly then you can try to compact and repair the database to remove any corruption in that form.

Let us know about your testing result, If issue persist then try to provide code.

We will try to check it and try to provide you further suggestions to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:59 AM