none
Can Microsoft.Maps.TileLayer be set for a tile source with tiles of 512x512?

Question

• Is it possible to create a tile layer source for resources that produce 512x512 pixel tile images rather than 256x256?

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Randy,

The tile size will be decided by the zoom level.  Please look at the documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/articles/bing-maps-tile-system.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:54 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the response. Let me clarify a bit.

By tile size I mean the pixel dimension of individual tiles. Each zoom level is divided into tiles which in the case of Bing Aerial and Road are 256x256pixels. i.e. every tile jpg returned is 256px x 256px.

However, what if there is a WMTS tile resource that provides 512x512 pixel tiles corresponding to 4 256x256 tiles in the mapI don't see a way to specify this in the TileSourceOptions.

Looking at TileSource/TileSourceOptions parameters there don't seem to be width and height parameter settings. uriConstructor pyramidTileId appears to be generated, so I don't think a user has control over pyramidTileId pyramidTileId.pixelWidth and pyramidTileId.pixelHeight properties.

Thanks

Friday, April 26, 2019 4:49 PM
  • Hi Randy,

Bing Maps does not support WMTS format but we do send customers interested in that format to OnTerra.  We only provide tiles as described in the link I provided you above.  In order to get a tile that is four of your current tiles, just move one zoom level as described in the link I gave above but it will be one resolution lever less. (Remove the last 0,1,2 or 3 from the tile identifier)

Sincerely,

IoTGirl 

• Proposed as answer by rkgmaps Friday, April 26, 2019 9:28 PM
    Friday, April 26, 2019 5:16 PM
    Owner