none
Generating EDI 834 Files from multiple table RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a stored procedure to read the data from multiple tables using wcf-sql adapter.

But in stored procedure i am using for xml auto element.....

and when i use this stored procedure using add adapter metadata and wcf sql procedure i am getting one xml message.....

Now how to use this xml message in mapping.......i need to map this message to EDI 834 schema........

when i dont use xml auto element....i am not getting the schema in required format.....

Friday, October 21, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

• If "for xml" gives you a better structure, then generate the schema yourself like I described in bullet 2 above. Also if you need to change the XML structure drastically, I would recommend using custom XSLT in your mapping.

Morten la Cour

• Marked as answer by sriaug Monday, October 24, 2011 11:28 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 6:41 PM

All replies

• You can't for "for xml" in your SP and also use "add adapter metadata". You can do one of the two:

1) Change polling to TypedPolling and remove the "for xml".

2) keep the "for xml". Setup a wcf-sql receive location and poll a sample of the data. Output the data to a file send port. Use the sample xml output to generate a schema using well-formed xml.

Morten la Cour

Friday, October 21, 2011 6:18 PM
  • when 1 tried using typed polling i didnt get correct schema as there are so many looping so i need to get the correct schema to map it to the EDI 834
    Friday, October 21, 2011 6:27 PM
  • If "for xml" gives you a better structure, then generate the schema yourself like I described in bullet 2 above. Also if you need to change the XML structure drastically, I would recommend using custom XSLT in your mapping.

Morten la Cour

• Marked as answer by sriaug Monday, October 24, 2011 11:28 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 6:41 PM