none
Datafactory Debug session - Active data flow sessions issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have recently created many data flows and so far happy with our developments. Yesterday, I found strange issue in my dataflow debug active sessions. In active dataflow sessions, I can see we have session active from 14th Oct 2019. Does this time to live for 60 min has no effect on debug session timeout.  I can see debug session was active from time "10/14/2019 10:18:17 AM" . It seems like session was active more than a month. How is it possible with active session timeout of 60 Min.

Attached is the image for active session. I had to forcefully stop session with "stop" action in active data flows sessions window.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Mansing.Patil82 and thank you for your question and bringing this issue to our attention.  Could you please share with me some additional information?

• Do you know whether this sessions was using 'AutoResolveIntegrationRuntime' or a custom Azure Integration runtime?  (If you do not know, then can you tell me if you have any other Integration Runtimes?).
    • Have you experienced any other occurrences of debug sessions lasting longer than expected?

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:31 PM
  • Hello again Mansing.Patil82.  I have some good news.  Our engineers have been looking into the issue.

There are several items I wish to communicate:

• Our engineers have fixed this bug on the back-end.
    • The Time-to-live settings in Azure IR are ignored by debug mode.  Debug mode timeout is always 60 minutes from last activity.  To stop debug mode sooner, you must either switch debug mode off, or stop it manually.
    • You will not be held responsible for the entire month-long session.  Billing details are being worked on.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I will update you as more details become available.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:56 PM
  • Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. Same problem is seen by other developers on same subscription. Good to hear problem is fixed in back-end. 

Going forward, as a practice, I have informed team to specifically check and  stop session manually. 

Do let me know, if you need subscription details to take care of billing. 

Thanks for the help. 

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hello Mansing-Patil.  If you got over-billed, please open a support ticket.  (I have no visibility into billing, so I cannot make the determination).  If you do not have a support plan, I can provide a 1-time free support ticket.

For the 1-time free support ticket, please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com
    with the following information:

Thread URL: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06b970db-2a5d-4a4e-a51f-206a6b36cffb/datafactory-debug-session-active-data-flow-sessions-issue?forum=AzureDataFactory

Subscription ID: <Your subscription ID goes here>

Whether you have a support plan, or need the free ticket please let me know.

Thank you for your patience.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:13 AM