Allowing Access to an InfoPath Form in SharePoint based on Time RRS feed

• Question

• In SP 2007 and InfoPath 2007 how do I allow access to a form based on time? My implementation is an election that I want to open at a certain time and close at a certain time.
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:24 PM

Answers

• This is a reasonable requirement, easy to implement in DNN world for news, survey, etc.

The first thing in my mind is to use some workflow to change the permission of your form library so that nobody can write after your close time.

Another one: when the end user submits the form, you code the time condition there and tell the user it is too late or too early!!! This seems simple to implement and user friendly.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:21 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Hello,

It is possible to suspend the form from Central Administration when the date are not right.

It will send an exception to the end-user that explain that the form was suspend.

If you want a custom message, you must have to put some managed code in your form loading in order to see if the date are correct for fill the form.

Cordially.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    Friday, October 7, 2011 8:42 PM

All replies

• This is a reasonable requirement, easy to implement in DNN world for news, survey, etc.

The first thing in my mind is to use some workflow to change the permission of your form library so that nobody can write after your close time.

Another one: when the end user submits the form, you code the time condition there and tell the user it is too late or too early!!! This seems simple to implement and user friendly.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Hello,

It is possible to suspend the form from Central Administration when the date are not right.

It will send an exception to the end-user that explain that the form was suspend.

If you want a custom message, you must have to put some managed code in your form loading in order to see if the date are correct for fill the form.

Cordially.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    Friday, October 7, 2011 8:42 PM