“Display by default” property not available on any field in a new table RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Lightswitch and have been working through  Beth Massi's blog series "Beginning LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2013 - Address Book HTML Sample". In "Beginning LightSwitch in VS 2013 Part 1: What’s in a Table? Describing Your Data"  Beth indicates there should be a field property call “Display by default”. This property does not exist on any of the fields (I have create all the fields in the Contact entity).  Has this property been removed or am I doing something wrong. I have install the Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2013 – March 2014 Update.

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hi, you have to change the Prespective from Server to DesktopClient or HTMLClient accordingly.

On the Bottom, where it says "Prespective:" change to DesktopClient/HTMLClient, and the "DisplayByDefault" for each field should be available then.

• Marked as answer by Tentonpl Monday, March 17, 2014 1:27 AM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi, you have to change the Prespective from Server to DesktopClient or HTMLClient accordingly.

On the Bottom, where it says "Prespective:" change to DesktopClient/HTMLClient, and the "DisplayByDefault" for each field should be available then.

• Marked as answer by Tentonpl Monday, March 17, 2014 1:27 AM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 5:38 PM
  • Thanks that fixed the problem. 
    Monday, March 17, 2014 1:27 AM