XAML compiler error after converting to Windows Consumer Preview

Question

• Hello,

I'm having an issue with an error that I cannot find any information about online. I recently converted my Developer Preview over into the Consumer Preview and I am now getting an error saying 'XamlCompiler error WMC1002: x:Class type 'Project.App' is not found as a public type in the build binary'

My definition of 'Project.App' is as follows:

namespace DragonsLair
    {
        public ref class App sealed 
        {
        public:
    		App();
    		~App();
            virtual void OnLaunched(Windows::ApplicationModel::Activation::LaunchActivatedEventArgs^ pArgs);
        };
    }

The error is being thrown in my App.xaml file at this line:

<Application xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" x:Class="DragonsLair.App" /

Does anyone know why I am encountering this error? Thanks.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:07 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I would suggest you to create a new project in Consumer Preview, and then do the same action as the front project.

There are some project changes in Consumer Preview and Development Preview, and the easy way may create a new project.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, April 09, 2012 1:34 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I would suggest you to create a new project in Consumer Preview, and then do the same action as the front project.

There are some project changes in Consumer Preview and Development Preview, and the easy way may create a new project.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, April 09, 2012 1:34 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 5:07 AM
  • I had the same error when trying to modify the namespace used by the xaml files from a blank template (visual c++ on consumer preview). Couldn't find a solution so far.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:02 PM