none
[UWP]Lumia Imaging SDK 3

    Question

  • I'm developing a UWP app using the new Lumia Imaging SDK.  My code works fine on the desktop, however when running in the Windows Phone 10 Emulator I get an exception when trying to load a IRandomAccessStream into a RandomAccessStreamImageSource with the error message, "The specified module cannot be found."  Below is the code.  Again, it runs fine on the desktop, but not the mobile emulator.

    using (IRandomAccessStream stream = await cropThisFile.OpenAsync(FileAccessMode.ReadWrite))
    {
        using (var imageSource = new Lumia.Imaging.RandomAccessStreamImageSource(stream))
        ...
    }

    I've also tried loading the file directly with

    using (var imageSource = new Lumia.Imaging.RandomAccessStreamImageSource(await cropThisFile.OpenAsync(FileAccessMode.ReadWrite)))


    Monday, October 19, 2015 2:40 PM

Answers

  • @ducttape36,

    Did you ever tested this issue on a real device? And can show me the location where you stored the file?

    Best regards,

    Barry


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

    • Marked as answer by ducttape36 Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:00 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • @ducttape36,

    Did you ever tested this issue on a real device? And can show me the location where you stored the file?

    Best regards,

    Barry


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

    • Marked as answer by ducttape36 Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:00 AM
    Moderator
  • I didn't have a device running windows 10 mobile on, but I went ahead and put the preview on my phone to see if that was the issue.  Turns out it was.  So I guess the problem lies in the emulator as it works on actual devices just fine.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:26 PM
  • I am getting the exact same error in my mobile emulator when trying to run the quick start sample application that comes with the SDK....

    An exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in QuickStart.exe but was not handled in user code

    Additional information: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

    Doesn't the Imaging SDK 3.0 work with Visual Studio mobile emulators?



    • Edited by chassebr Monday, October 26, 2015 1:23 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 1:20 AM
  • I have this problem on the emulator and also on my Lumia 1020.  It consistently gives me the "Module could not be found" error.

    -- Arian T. Kulp | http://www.ariankulp.com Please remember to mark as helpful, or mark as answer if this helps you!

    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:30 AM
  • I am observing same issue:

    getting "The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"

    when trying invoke any Lumia.Imaging functionality when running emulator. Runs OK on local machine and device.

    In my case exception thrown when trying to do this:

    bufferImageSource = new /*Lumia.Imaging.*/BufferImageSource(inputBuffer);

    I do have isolated repro here:  https://github.com/vladbel/ST-Test01

    Thanks!

    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 9:23 PM