ClubWebSite Parser Error RRS feed

• Question

• User2021807210 posted

I just created the Club Web Site project from the Microsoft starter kit. I copied the site to my host which is GoDaddy using VWD 2005 Express and I receive the error

'Unknown server tag 'Club:RolloverButton'

----

Line 77:                                     <p>
    Line 78:                                     </p>
    Line 79:                                     <Club:RolloverButton runat="server" ValidationGroup="Login1" Text="Login" ID="LoginButton"
    Line 80:                                         CommandName="Login" />
    Line 81:                                     <p>

----

in Default.aspx

I'm new to this and trying to see if making the jump from php to asp.net is worth it. Any help out there today...?

Saturday, December 3, 2005 3:37 PM

All replies

• User7411865 posted

Hey,

I just installed VWD express and the clubsite, then uploaded to GoDaddy, but I am getting an 'Application Error' on my site, did you have any other problems creating your site on GoDaddy?

Thanks,

TC

Monday, December 5, 2005 11:32 PM
  • User-1043342386 posted

Good luck getting any support from GoDaddy. A friend of mine asked me to help him get a site up and running with them. They refused to give us ANY support. Instead, I moved my own domain to another hosting provider, HostMySite. Unfortunately, while they seem to be much more willing to help, we still haven't found out how to get around this. To make matters stranger, the "out of the box" ClubSite starter kit works fine locally (on my development machine). HostMySite referred me to several of the posts here at ASP.NET but still no luck (I'm currently waiting for a response from HostMySite.

Has ANYONE out there been able to get this starter kit to work on any hosting provider? If so, PLEASE advise. It should NOT be this hard to get a simple template deployed ... :(

Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:27 PM
  • User254722870 posted

I had some problems in the beginning but I found a very good hostsite. They have experience with the ClubSite starterkit and give you very good support. The Price is also ok. Se this link http://forums.asp.net/1128803/ShowPost.aspx for adresses etc.

Best regards

Johnny

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:21 AM
  • User-1099767244 posted
    Did you guys ever get this resolved?
    Monday, January 23, 2006 7:42 PM