none
How to add CAT.NET Rules in Visual Studio 2012 Code Analsis ruleset ?

Question

• Hi All,

I would like to add CAT.Net rules in Code Analysis ruleset in Visual Studio 2012.
    Can i know what steps to follow ?

Thanks,
    Kejal
    Friday, January 06, 2017 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Kejal,

Please refer to the following screenshot:

Then click browser to choose the rules:

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 06, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

However for adding the ruleset in Visual Studio i need to locate those rules using CAT.Net dll. And currently we are not able to find this dll.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea how to locate these CAT.NET rules like LDAP Injection, XPath Injection, XSS , SQL Injection, Process Command Execution etc.

RuleID - ACESEC01, ACESEC02, ACESEC03, ACESEC04, ACESEC05, ACESEC06, ACESEC07, ACESEC08

Thanks.

Monday, January 09, 2017 8:08 AM
  • Hi Kejal Shah,

You could download the CAT from the following link, please choose 32-bit or64-bit.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/gg675009

Then please refer to the following blog about How to: Use CAT.NET v1.1 as a Visual studio Add-In to identify security flaws within managed code:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/syedab/2009/07/16/how-to-use-cat-net-v1-1-as-a-visual-studio-add-in-to-identify-security-flaws-within-managed-code/

Hope it helpful for you.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 09, 2017 8:53 AM