none
Outlook COM Addin - Not able to see the Public Folder changes RRS feed

• Question

• I have written a COM addin for office 2007 using VS2008. But I am not able to get the updated changes from the Public folders.

e.g.,

1) I opened my outlook application at 9:00

2) Someone makes changes to a task item in the public folder at 9:15

3) When I navigate to the public folder, it shows me the last modified date as 9:15 in the explorer (items list ), but when I open the task item, it will not show the changes.

4) But when I make the changes to the same task item and try to save, it conflicts and if I ignore my changes, it is getting the changes at this point of time

Is there a way to refresh the task item inorder to get the changes, when I am opening the task item in the New Inspector ?

Note: My Outlook is not in Cached mode.

Thanks  in advance.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:32 AM

Answers

• What is your send/receive interval? If you open the item in the user interface do you see the changes?

If you see the changes in the UI but not in your code, are you holding a reference to the folder or items collection or various items where changes won't be reflected in your objects?

Does it help if you initiate a synch?

You can use the NameSpace.SyncObjects collection for that. Get SyncObject,Item(1) and call its Start() method. you can set up to handle the SyncEnd() event to know when the synch has finished.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"ysuku" <=?utf-8?B?eXN1a3U=?=> wrote in message news:06a091f2-142a-448b-9164-5c80e9d30b75...

I have written a COM addin for office 2007 using VS2008. But I am not able to get the updated changes from the Public folders.

e.g.,

3) When I navigate to the public folder, it shows me the last modified date as 9:15 in the explorer (items list ), but when I open the task item, it will not show the changes.

4) But when I make the changes to the same task item and try to save, it conflicts and if I ignore my changes, it is getting the changes at this point of time

Is there a way to refresh the task item inorder to get the changes, when I am opening the task item in the New Inspector ?

Thanks  in advance.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by ysuku Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:14 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:14 PM

All replies

• What is your send/receive interval? If you open the item in the user interface do you see the changes?

If you see the changes in the UI but not in your code, are you holding a reference to the folder or items collection or various items where changes won't be reflected in your objects?

Does it help if you initiate a synch?

You can use the NameSpace.SyncObjects collection for that. Get SyncObject,Item(1) and call its Start() method. you can set up to handle the SyncEnd() event to know when the synch has finished.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"ysuku" <=?utf-8?B?eXN1a3U=?=> wrote in message news:06a091f2-142a-448b-9164-5c80e9d30b75...

I have written a COM addin for office 2007 using VS2008. But I am not able to get the updated changes from the Public folders.

e.g.,

Thanks  in advance.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by ysuku Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:14 AM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Thanks Ken!!! I released the COMObject, at the end of the method and it worked.
    Suku
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:14 AM